Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:25 PM
Subject: RE: [resources] was: Re: RESEND: RE: Load message resources from DB???

James,

I'm with you here. I haven't dug much into commons-configuration, but it
seems to me there is little need for localized configuration
information. Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box here, but the
configuration can be in virtually any locale. I can still configure
something for English users in the german language for instance :)

Al

I have only had a cursory look at Configuration. From what I know of it, it is a reusable library for getting configuration data into your application (typically during startup). Commons Resources is a reusable library for

retrieving properties pairs (locale aware) for your application.  I do
not
know if Configuration is locale aware, but I suppose Commons Resources
could
be extended (or changed) to use Configuration.

The database extensions I did for Resources are specific to Resources,
but
that can be changed if enough people think we should do that.

I can see how Resources, I18N, and Configuration could play nice
together in
providing i18n'd messages and configuration data.

Would there be any interest in such an animal?