From: Derrick Koes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 10:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: html:cancel question

I have a function to disable buttons onsubmit because I don't want the user
to keep clicking, especially for long running actions.  However, this seems
to interfere when the button is an html:cancel, which is a type of submit.
It seems to ignore the correct behavior of cancelling and attempts to do a
validated submit.  What do I need to do to disable buttons AND get cancel to
work properly?

function disable(form)
{
    var buttons = form.getElementsByTagName("input");
    for (i = 0; i < buttons.length; i++) {
        if (buttons[i].type == "button" || buttons[i].type == "reset" ||
buttons[i].type == "submit") {
            buttons[i].disabled = true;
    return true;
}