First of all, forget about MySQL, since they don't have a long history in
stored procedure (its support is still release-candidate state).
Why don't you try Firebird? It's easy, it has a long history (since it was
born from Borland's Interbase), it supports views, stored procedures and
so on. Oh, and it has a great JDBC driver and it is multi-platform. Not to
mention a great community.
Ciao
Antonio Petrelli