David Johnson wrote:

yes, exactly. If changed the value of the hidden field to "graph"

That part is working too. If I do a log.debug
("dispatch="+theForm.getDispatch());

it puts out the right value (graph or whatever I clicked in the form)

What does the code for your base action (that subclasses DispatchAction) look like? I've never had any issues with DispatchAction or its subclasses, so I'm a little confused as to why it wouldn't work.

You probably already posted all of it, but the relevent snippets from struts-config, the JSP, the base action, and the action might be handy again :)

Dave