Hi again,
I'm calling the validate() method in my MappingDispatchAction to check errors on page. Which is fine, except that I want to return to the URL (Action w/params) that was called. I have two Actions, Edit and Add, which both refer to Attributes.jsp, and depending on the type param set, this page forwards to either Update or Insert, respectively. Therefore, setting 'input='Attributes.jsp' won't work as the bean isn't setup properly for the Edit Action.
So, the flow is that I want '/Edit.do?Id=32' to check for errors, and if there is one, return to '/Edit.do?Id=32', not Attributes.jsp. It isn't enough to set the type (Edit/Add) in the session scope, I would need to set the params also, which seems like more complex handling/overhead.
Is there a solution workaround to this? I've searched, and of course Rick has written some good articles on this, but I haven't seen the situation where it needs to return to a dynamic page *with* the params, aka the calling page.

I suppose I could get the referer URI, but I don't think I could call mapping.getInput() that way.....

Thanks,

- Nic.