rmanchu wrote:

this is probably very simple but someone please tell me.

i've got the tile-defs set up - [name="classicLayout", page="/mypage.jsp"]. i've got the jsps set up. my problem is getting from the action to the tile-def page.

currently my myAction extends struts.Action

where's the connection ???

In the struts configuration file. Instead of using a path to the JSP you use the name of the tile. You must also be using the Tiles plugin, as detailed in:

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_view.html#Tiles

Dave