Greetings,

Once again I call on my trusted community for insight !
I'm adding a row to a table dynamically. All is working well except for
one thing the Mouse events.

Here is the code for adding a row to the table.
There is more code that adds the cells to the table (not shown).
// Only add a row when changing the last row of the table
if ("s"+(rowWithData) == selectId) {
        var row = table.insertRow(lastRowInTable);
        var className = "rowNormal";

        if (lastRowInTable % 2 == 0) {
                className = "rowAlternate";
        }
        row.className = className;
        row.setAttribute("onmouseover", "this.className = 'hilite';");
        row.setAttribute("onmouseout", "this.className = '" + className +
"'");

Here is the JSP code that creates the table row (at least one row is in
the page), here the mouse events are working:
"this.className = '<c:out value='${rowClass}'/>'" class="<c:out value=
'${rowClass}'/>">

If I add an alert that dumps the innerHTML of the table after the
row/cells are added and I compare the two rows...
They are the same.
Why are the mouse events added dynamically not recongnized ?

BTW, using IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

TIA,
Glenn