I'm stumped on the below also and want to know how to get this work. Typically my Lists and Map have beans nested in them with access methods to other lists and maps, but I know there should be a way to get this below to work efficiently (where you simply stuff lists and maps into other lists/maps. What is frustrating is I can pull all of it out fine with JSTL

(A map with a single employees List which has a single Employee bean):
<c:out value='${testForm.testMap["employees"][0].firstName}'/>

(or a List wiht a List with an Employee bean in it):

<c:out value='${testForm.testList[0][0].lastName}'/>

How to create the inputs for this in HTML, though, has me stumped at the moment.