I believe that www.kgbinternet.com has prices that are competitive with PHP hosting.

Their $20 (CAD) is $16 US.

http://www.kgbinternet.com/privatejvm.html

Matt

On May 4, 2005, at 6:43 AM, O. Oke wrote:

Please direct me on how to deal with the comparative
high cost of hosting Java applications.

DETAIL ====== My potential clients/customers already have PHP server as part of their hosting package. With Tomcat, it is a different story; the hosting companies of most of these potential clients, do not have have Tomcat or any other server for Java application. The few companies that do host Java application, charge extra for this.

1.  Despite the higher hosting cost of Java
applications, how can I convince a client to go for my
Struts application, if the client has a choice between
my Struts application and a PHP application that does
the same thing?

2.  How do those of you that work freelance deal with
this problem?

3.  Do you know of any hosting company that provides
hosting for the Java application only?

This reminds me of the battle between Betamax
technology and VHS technology.

Thank you.

O'Dele Oke.