Hello Again,

Having a spot of bother with validating an ActionForm. It's all setup and I
believe accurately.

I have 2 text fields. Each are specified as needing the required rule. I do not
ask my action mapping to validate.

<!DOCTYPE form-validation SYSTEM "http://intranet/iq/j2ee/validator_1_1_3.dtd";>
<form-validation>
    <formset>
        <form name="testForm">
            <field property="testField" depends="required">
                                <arg position="0" bundle="core"
key="test.field.key" />
                    </field>
                    <field property="testField2" depends="required">
                                <arg0 key="test.field2.key" />
                    </field>
        </form>
    </formset>
</form-validation>

Instead I run the validation in an Action class

ActionMessages errors = form.validate();

I log the output of this, and I accurately get 1 error or 2 errors according to
whether I left one or two fields blank in my form. So that's fine. I save the
errors container using saveErrors(request, errors) and back in the JSP:

<logic:messagesPresent>
  <ul>
      <li><bean:write name="error" /></li>
  </ul>
</logic:messagesPresent>

This, too, works to some extent. In my ApplicationResources, I have:

errors.required={0} is required.
test.field.key=Some random value
test.field2.key=Some random value 2

The problem I am seeing is that when my form validates, all I get back are
bullet points with

- is required

which is the errors.required key's value. That is, test.field.key's value is
not being inserted into the {0} placeholder of the errors.required value.
Like I say, everything is working in terms of the system spotting I have errors
according to the rule, and the messages are being found by validator because it
finds "is required". But the error is that is does not pump in the value from
the custom key.

Any helpers?

Cheers, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.