Hi there,

I may not be the world's ultimate authority on this, but let me try to
answer this:

On 5/8/05, alec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> Is there any inbuilt functionality in struts framework for
> implementing reports.

No

> Are there any Apache based tools/model for reporting in java web
> application based on Struts framework.

Yes!!  -- However, it is a lot of work, and a detailed knowledge of
XML, XSL and XSLT
is required (this has nothing to do with Struts).

1)  You should have your data for reporting well defined in an XML format.

2)  Use Apache's FOP product to generate PDF (I think you can also make it
generate RTF documents, the closest thing to DOC) -- have a look at:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/

3)  You will also need some GUI tool to produce a XSD (from your XML), as well
to design the 'fo' for the XSL -- I suggest you have a look at a
product like this:

http://www.altova.com/products_xsl.html

Good luck!!

Alex.