Benedict, Paul C wrote:
Sean,

Have you thought about constructing a DAO/Adapater object that receives your
input, and then does the notorious SQL-string building on the inside? If you
cannot get the elegant solution, you should at least make it appear elegant
by wrapping it inside of the DAO layer.

yes - I've done that bit :-)

I'm a solo in-house programmer and sometimes I worry that I'm doing things like this badly.

your comment "notorious SQL-string building" makes me think maybe I'm not doing so bad and that this is just a pain....

Cheers for the advice

--

Sean