On May 11, 2005, at 3:26 AM, Marco Mistroni wrote:

Hello all,
        Sorry for partially off-topic question, but I am looking
For some feedback..
Is anyone using (or has used, or plan to use) acegi security
system(http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/)
 with Struts?

I'm using Acegi as part of AppFuse - of which Struts is the default web framework. Here is a howto for converting from CMA to Acegi Security.

http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AppFuseAuthentication

I really like Acegi b/c it has many additional features that other security systems don't have. For example, the ability to get the user's information at any layer in your application (via a ThreadLocal) and the ability to easily control method invocations based on roles. It's ACL feature is pretty nice too.

Matt

Any feedback? Any recommendations for other security 'systems' to use with struts and spring?

Thanx in advance and regards
        marco