I may be wrong, Dave, but I think you are going to get an integer
value for getX and getY and not "Update".  Isn't that right?  That is
why the solutions have to be a little more detailed and why we got
saddled with the LookupDispatchAction and other heavy solutions.  Once
again, I think the options at www.michaelmcgrady.com/button are
instructive, even if you want to do something different.

On 5/11/05, Durham David R Jr Ctr 805 CSPTS/SCE
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <form-property name="updateCart.x" type="java.lang.String"/>
> > <form-property name="updateCart.y" type="java.lang.String"/>
>
> From the docs:
>
>     A way of retrieving these values through a form bean is to define
>     getX(), getY(), setX(), and setY() methods, and specify your
>     property as a blank string (property="").
>
> So, you could just do:
>
> <form-property name="x" type="java.lang.String"/>
> <form-property name="y" type="java.lang.String"/>
>
> In a JSP:

>         src="/cerebus/store/images/updateCart.gif"/>
>
> Then in your action:
>
>         if (((DynaBean)form).get("x").equals("Update")
>
> Probably better to use the request parameter though, and not go through
> the trouble of setting up the form properties.  Honestly, I don't see
> what the image tag really adds beyond some module support via the "page"
> attribute.
>
> HTH,
>
> Dave

~Dakota Jack~