Return null.

Returning null means you have handled the response and Struts will do no
more.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:47 PM
To: Frank W. Zammetti; Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Opening a NEW browser for a 2nd content type from an action

Okay, I've got it opening the second browser (finally got back to it) using
the target="_new" in the form declaration, but here's the real problem

I'm in the action class, and I can can work on the response using

response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "inline" );

BUT, when I get to the end of my action class, what do I return? I cant
return to a JSP page because I've set the content type to be PDF (or excel)

So, instead of

mapping.findForward("success");

what can I do?

--
-Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the
United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as
Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named
on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
it from your system.