hihi,

in my project i have template-driven reports as well as reports totally
made from scratch, and these are outputted in PDF format mainly.

take a look at these:
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/
http://ireport.sourceforge.net/

with iText, i scanned a form to create a template, then i populated the
form dynamically in my application

with iReport, i was able to create forms from scratch easily

i had my doubts at first, but both solutions have proven to be
excellent

hth,
woodchuck

--- Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> FOP:
> Java application that reads a formatting object (FO) tree and renders
> the
> resulting pages to a specified output. Output formats currently
> supported
> include PDF, PCL, PS, SVG, XML (area tree representation), Print,
> AWT, MIF
> and TXT. The primary output target is PDF
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/
> check it out
> Martin-

Yahoo! Mail