Hi!

Thank you. I think that would be the solution. And I think I will also need to save "ActionForward to jsp page in state (1)" in session scope before I make an API call, which can throw an Exception, that will forward me to login page. And in the end of the login process I will look up this "ActionForward to jsp page in state (1)" from session scope and redirect to it.

Yaroslav Novytskyy

Michael Jouravlev wrote:
Just define the form with "session" scope, it will retain values for
you. The catch: now you need to clean these values in reset() method
when they are not needed. So, you need to distinguish when they are
needed (refresh) and when not (you show that page for the first time.

I need something like this:
case 1:
jsp submit (1)-> APIcall() returns no errors -> <next>
case 2:
jsp submit (1)-> APIcall() returns _errors_ -> validation fails -> login jsp submit -> login action/check auth -> back to calling jsp with _prefilled fields_ as in step (1)

I suspect that I'll have to store the "context" (the
ActionForm of the input page) in the session scope - but I don't know
how to make the "substitution" of the input JSP form with the saved
"context" (how to fill the page form fields with the values entered by
the user before he had to log in).