From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:47 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: [OT] Help with REgular Expressions in Validate()

Or better yet, "^\\W+$", if whitespace is the only thing you want to
exclude; your original expression says 'match one more non-whitespace
characters', so with the input 'My Name' the expression matches 'My'.
What you want to say is that the entire input must match \\W+, hence the
^/$.

L.

meyawn wrote:

try this as your pattern "^[a-z]+$"
this will match all lower case...you can use a modifier for ignoring

case..i

think its "i" but am too lazy to look it up..figure it out yourself :)