Frank Ratzlow wrote the following on 5/23/2005 6:54 AM:
 some of the actions) serve authorized and unauthorized users the same.
Afaik if a user sends his first request a session will be created for him (default behaviour). Additionally we invalidate a session when a user authorizes and store his credentials etc. in a newly created one.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean above about the default behavior creating a Sesion? I use a Filter to test for the Session and it works fine...

in my doFilter(..) method...

 HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
 if (session == null) {
    response.sendRedirect(contextPath+"/sessionTimeOut.jsp");
    return;
 }

Why wouldn't something like the above work?

I also don't test certain paths with this filter so not all paths are checked for a valid session (ie if they go right to the login page obviously I don't want to test for a Session yet.)

--
Rick