Hi,

a recent load test showed that my Struts-based application has
some problems achieving the desired performance. On a small
Solaris machine it starts to slow down when reaching about
140 requests/min, while I'd like it to handle about 200.
Using more hardware solves the problem (on a multi-processor
machine I can easily handle over 300 requests/min) but I'd like
to avoid the additional investment.

Now, my research indicates that struts itself should easily
handle that kind of load, so the culprit is probably my own
code.

Can anybody recommend a profiler that allows me to narrow
my search for inefficient code? I have tried EJP and did get
it running, but for some reason it returns enormous amount of
data for java.*, sun.* and some apache.* classes but not for
my own code or for struts classes.

The actual setup is struts 1.2.4 running in a tomcat 4.1.
behind an Apache 1.3 webserver.

Regards,

Ulrich Elsner