From: David Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:34 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: <error-page> not catching errors...

Hi all
 I've added the following to my web.xml (thanks for the help)

<error-page>
<error-code>500</error-code>
<location>/error.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/error.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<error-code>java.lang.Exception</error-code>
<location>/error.jsp</location>
</error-page>

and I've added a global forward I invoke from "error.jsp" which points to my

tiles def as follows

<forward name="error" path="/page.error" />

the problem is when I cause an error (like stopping the database then trying

to hit it or reloading a page that should cause an error 500), I'm not
seeing my error page.

am I forgetting something?

--
-Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the
United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as
Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named
on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
it from your system.