ahh....thanks

web.xml...no DOCTYPE here....could this be a problem??
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; version="2.4"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

struts-config.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.2//EN" "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd";>

struts-logic tld
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd";>

struts-html.tld