Brett, you were right, and I thought I had added the jar.  I had mistyped
it, however.  Once I got the name right (cactus-ant-1.7.jar instead of
cactus-ant.jar), it worked.  Funny how computers only do what you said, not
what you meant.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Much appreciated.

Hyrum
--- Begin Message ---
Hyrum wrote:

<snip>

>I am trying to use the Ant 'cactus' optional task in my build.xml.  This
>fails because Eclipse must have the optional task set in the preferences,
>but I can't figure out how to do this.

If I have understood your issue correctly, you need add the jar with the
optional task to the classpath for the build.xml external tool.
 From the 'external tools' menu / toolbar button the "external tools..."
option allows you to set environment variables, classpath, refresh etc
for each tool / build script.
If I haven't understood your question, my appologies for a useless answer.

Brett