Hi, my name is Alessandro Rossini and I want to let you know the launch of a
new project called ZNF.
The goal of this project is to provide an open source framework for building
PHP5 enterprise web applications, based on Struts.
This is not the first attempt to rewrite the Struts implementation, or part of
it, in PHP, but after spending a lot of time studying existing open source
frameworks, like Phrame, PHPMVC, Struts4PHP, Seagull and Vida we decided to
reimplement a brand new framework from scratch for many reasons. First of
all, all the mentioned frameworks, except Vida, are written in PHP4 and we
believe that its object engine (Zend Engine 1) is too limited for developing
enterprise level web application. At the same time the code we analyzed is
written without a rigorous approach (coding standards, compliance to W3C
standards, output of notice/warnings, lack of documentation/examples). Last
but not least frameworks claiming to be a porting of Struts have made no code
optimization during the porting from J2EE to PHP.
I know that I'm a little Off-Topic here and that in this ML most of people
would probably dislike PHP :). Anyway we think that, considering the
limitations that PHP has being a scripting language and not a programming
language, our project is one of the most functional implementation of an MVC
framework in this language, so if you're interested take a look. We're
searching for comments, feedback, bug signaling and best of all new
developers. Any kind of contribution will be appreciated!
ZNF is free software released under GNU/LGPL license, the official ZNF home
page is at http://znf.zeronotice.com/.

Best regards.
--
Alessandro 'Aronnax' Rossini