On 6/6/05, Martin Ravell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you split your dates into day, month and year fields in your HTML?

No, as a user this is the most irritating UI that I can imagine for date input.

> How do you find is the best way to validate?

I use a String property for the field, then parse it into an internal
Date property. If the date does not parse, I keep the bad date in the
string so I can give it back to the user to correct.

> I am generally allergic to Javascript which I guess limits what can be done
> with fancy pop-up pickers. Am open to suggestions should there be a nice
> robust script out there I guess.

<flame-retardant>
Get over it. Like it or not, JavaScript is here to stay. Anyone who
looks at any modern framework (including Struts, JSF, and .net) and
says "Ew, JavaScript..." should consider a new career path. Sorry, but
it is just a fact of life, get used to it.
</flame-retardant>

That said, there are some *amazing* and free date selection
javascripts out there:

http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_calendar/
http://www.fuzzywebmaster.com/java-scripts/date-java-picker-script.html
http://tinyurl.com/apmet