Michael, are you in a clustered environment here or is it a single OC4J instance?
Duncan

Michael Rasmussen wrote:

I am working with Oracle Application Server 10G (version 9.0.4.0.0
according to help) with an application using Struts 1.1.  We want to
use Struts' forward with redirect option, but have had intermittent
success.  Meaning, sometimes the forward re-direct will work and other
times it returns an http status of 400 (malformed url).  When we
receive the 400, we copy the url from our log file, paste it into the
url of a browser, press enter and it works every time.

When I worked at a previous client using WebSphere Application Server
with Struts 1.1, we had a similar problem.  In order to get it to work
with WAS, we had to add the following parameter to the "Environment
Options":  com.ibm.websphere.sendredirect.compliance=1

In the interim, we've traced through the Struts code to the following
statement, where upon executing it, our application blows up with an
http status of 400:
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL(url));

We copied this code into our program and of course it works just fine.

After searching the world over, or at least the www and coming away
empty,  Ideally, we'd like to be able to use Struts' forward with
redirect option, ActionForward(String path, boolean redirect), instead
of the response.sendR . . .  Does Oracle's app server require an
environment parameter similar to WAS to play nicely with Struts 1.1?
Basically, I'd like to know why the Oracle app server and Struts 1.1
are not cooperating with one another!

Thanks,
Michael