Daniel Kies wrote:

index.jsp does a redirect to my action.
action loads a bean with data
forwards to x.jsp

x.jsp looks fine, data comes up fine.

I do a refresh.  I get Cannot find bean in any scope.  The first time
i have data with no problems because the action class loads the
request with the bean w\data.

The second time the bean is not in the request since i am calling the
jsp directly (through the refresh).

Question:
1) What is a simple way to fix this?
1) Put the bean in session (not _my_ preferred solution).

2) Forward (not redirect) to the JSP, so when you refresh you're refreshing the action, not the JSP. This also separates the user from the JSP (which in struts folks tend to put under WEB-INF so you can't get at them from the browser, except for some welcome files).

2) I thought the request kept the data in it for a refresh.  Is this wrong?
Apparently ;)

Yes, that's wrong: A refresh is just a new request to the current URL.

Dave