Hello,
I am trying to create simple reference table for some cookies I am creating. I
wanted to put in a current_timestamp each time I do an insert so I can delete
this data after 2 or 3 weeks.

Here is the insert statement:
CREATE TABLE COOKIE_REF (cookie_ref varchar(50), dat timestamp default
current_timestamp)

I am trying to insert the below statement, but it fails with a 1064
Error Code : 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'current_timestamp)'
at line 1
(0 ms taken)

I am running version 4.0.15-max-debug on windows. and following this link but
It will not work. What can I be doing wrong?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/datetime.html

Thanks,
Scott