Thanks Dave.
This is what is defined.
<action path="/personal/Dependent" type=
"hronline.secure.personal.dependents.DependentAction" name="dependentForm"
scope="request" validate="false">
   <forward name="dependent" path=
"/WEB-INF/personal/dependents/dependent.jsp">
   </forward>
   <forward name="cancel" path="/personal/Dependents.do">
   </forward>
</action>
<action path="/personal/DependentSubmit" type=
"hronline.secure.personal.dependents.DependentSubmitAction" name=
"dependentForm" scope="request" input="/personal/Dependent.do" validate=
"true">
   <forward name="dependents" path="/personal/Dependents.do" redirect=
"true">
   </forward>
   <forward name="error" path="/personal/Dependent.do">
   </forward>
</action>

The JSP posts here:

But the DependentForm bean has a bean defined within it.
It is this bean that I need to put data into it.

Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
07/06/2005 03:57 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: How to get posted data into a nested object ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Short description:
>How do I get posted data into a bean within the form bean ?

Do you have the bean defined in the struts-config for that particular
action? The "name" attribute of the action mapping should contain the
name of the bean.

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_view.html#form_beans
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_mapping_example

Dave