hi,
if u  want to prepopulate the form from form then the proper place is
constructor but remember 2nd time u wouldn't get the form populated as
to resuse the form actionservelet call the reset method befor resuing
any existing form. so u can place same code into the reset method.

the best way is populating the form from configuration i mean from
struts config form configuration. Another way could be populating it
from action class.

On 6/8/05, Janek Ziniewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So where is the proper place to prepopulate fields? [I know I am a noob]
>
> On 6/8/05, Hubert Rabago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes.  Is this causing a problem for you?  Please note that reset() is
> > not where you should be prepopulating fields.  As it says in the
> > javadoc:
> >
> > "In practice, the only properties that need to be reset are those
> > which represent checkboxes on a session-scoped form."
> >
> > ... and ...
> >
> > "You mainly need to worry about setting checkbox values to false; most
> > of the time you can leave this method unimplemented."
> >
> > Hubert
> >

> > On 6/8/05, Janek Ziniewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > My app contains a few forms. Each form has one ActionForm and one
> > > Action class associated. Each time page with form is displayed I see
> > > that ActionForm::reset method is displayed. After submitting I can see
> > > that reset method is launched again, and right after that
> > > ActionForm::execute.
> > >
> > > Is it proper behaviour?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Pozdrawiam,