Does anyone know hoe to get around using the tiles tags to utilize ${} EL
expressions.

I have asked this question before, but not as explicitly.

I need to be able to either

<tiles:insert definition='${foo}'>
</tiles:insert>

or

<tiles:insert definition='mainLayout'>
  <tiles:put name='header' attribute='${bar}'/>
</tiles:insert>

The reason is all of my pages are context driven from the perspective of the
user and the business they perform.  I don't want to have to have all of my
pages look like

<c:choose>
<c:when test='${ foo == xxx )'>
</c:when>

This will be way too much to maintain.

If it is unreasonable to have a tile within a page be dependent upon the
user characteristics please give me another alternative.  I am at the end of
my rope, and will have to come up with another alternative.

Thanks in advance