Song,

I was having a similar problem using WSAD 5.0.0.  Client side
validation using the Validator component worked, but server side
validation did not.  Since WSAD included Struts 1.1(beta 2), I decided
to update struts to the newest version.  This seemed to correct the
problem.  If you need further instructions on updating Struts to the
most recent version using WSAD, please refer to
http://struts.whoisandy.com/archives/2005/05/26/validator_serverside_validation.php.

~ Andrew Tomaka