When you have <input type='image' name='whatever'> you get a
whatever.x and whatever.y returned as request parameters with x and y
intergers showing the coordinates of the button press on the client.
The simplest code you can have solving the problem is the ones at
www.michaelmcgrady.com and mentioned by Jouravlev recently.  I have
got a kick out of him having the solution, supposedly on his own,
without understanding the problem at all.  This is another interesting
and humorous instance of that amazing phenomenon.  LOL

If you provide a know value for whatever, such as "create" or "delete"
in a CRUD applications, then you can run the request parameters
through a loop and get the value of the image clicked without paying
any attention to the value of the parameter.  Note that the value
attribute does not give you the value of the parameter attribute but
can be used for other purposes.

Good luck

On 6/14/05, Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You need to specify method name in "value" attribute. Since it is an
> > image, it won't be shown:

> > value="myProcName" src="myimage.gif" />
> >
> > The above should produce request like this:
> > method.x=51&method.y=16&method=myProcName
>
> Hmm... Seems like MSIE do not add "method=myProcName" for
> value="myProcName" for image tag. Strange. Maybe I need another HTTP
> sniffer...
>
> Michael.

~Dakota Jack~