I'm not sure if you can tell the browser to scroll to an anchor from within the
page (rather than in the URL). It would have to be done using Javascript, HTML
doesn't provide this.

Other than Javascript, I can think of two possibilities:

1) in your JSP, check for errors and, if they exist, render a browser-side
redirect as the response where the redirect is to the same URL but with the
anchor appended. You'd have to put any data the page needed into session scope
(or append it to the redirect URL) to maintain it across the redirect, though.

2) if the input to the validating action is a path to a JSP (as opposed to a
Tile name or action), you can add the anchor there. I.e. in struts-config.xml
for your action, you'd include

 input="/path/to/page.jsp#anchor"

That way, if validation fails, it'll forward to the 'input' path which includes
the anchor you need to target.

HTH,

L.

Dylan Stamat wrote:
Thanks Wendy !

The problem I'm running into is that since I'm using a DynaValidationForm, and errors are found, I'm never even reaching my Action... so, the setting of the anchor in the request wouldn't work.

I would somehow need to determine if there "were" errors on the JSP page itself (like the struts tag "html:errors" does)... and then apply the necessary logic.

Any ideas ? Thanks !
==
Dylan