Hi Lauren, I have benn trying to do that, but the java script code generated by
validator framework seems to be tied to the name of the form...

       var formName = form.getAttributeNode("name");
       oRequired = eval('new ' + formName.value + '_required()');

formName.value is the same as in the struts config name attribute of the action
mapping...

then, it calls the function <formName.value>_required(), but it does not exist,
because, in validation.xml, the name of the form matches with the path of the
action, so de function generated is <path of my acrtion>_required()...

I think, that the error is that part of the java script code is generated in
order to what the validation.xml says, but some other parts of the java script
code is generated in order to the HTML FORM entity.... result: inconsistent
code...

My be ( and I wish) I'm wrong...
I need help...

Lucas

Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:
Yes, that's the point of ValidatorForm / ValidatorActionForm. The validation
rules are looked up according to the action mapping 'name' or 'path' attribute,
respectively. It shouldn't make any difference if the actions use the same form.

L.