Hi list,

does someone know a good (and not expensive) webhosting service in Germany
who is experienced in hosting Struts-based apps using Tomcat?
My current provider seems to have some problems and I will probably have to
change.

Any hints are welcome.

Another OT issue (but it is Friday and I presume that nearly everybody on
this list will know the answer):
I am fighting with adding logging to my struts-based application.
I am using commons-logging and log4j and Tomcat 5.5.4.
Without security manager everything works fine.
With security manager it works, if I add the following to my catalina.policy
file:

grant codeBase
"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/cxpEditSpike/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.9.jar" {
     permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
grant codeBase
"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/cxpEditSpike/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar"
{
     permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

But AllPermission is a bit too much I think.

If I change the rights to

java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>", "write"

(which is still too much!)

I'll get FileNotFound exceptions for my logfile.

I read the documentation, googled, searched the mailing-lists, but no one
ever seems to have had problems there.

Any hints?

Martin