Hi

I would like to validate some nested, indexed properties on my form.
I've googled and found someone having similar problems, but haven't
found a solution yet. Any help would be great.

The form contains a list of Job objects, each having a set of
properties, let's say number and size. I tried to define the
validation like this:

<field property="number" indexedListProperty="jobs" depends="integer">
   <arg0 key="absence.label.unitOfAbsence"/>
</field>
<field property="size" indexedListProperty="jobs" depends="integer">
   <arg0 key="absence.label.scale"/>
</field>

This does not work, although as far as I can tell, this is how the
documentation recommends using it.

However, in the jsp, the values are collected using the nested tag,
not the logic/bean tags.
<nested:iterate property="jobs">
   <nested:text property="number"/>
   <nested:text property="size"/>
</nested:iterate>

Would this interfere with the validation, or are the two tags
identical when it comes to validation?

I'm using Struts 1.1.

Kjersti