A Linux version has been one of the most requested features, judging by
the posts on the UE forums... I wouldn't at all be surprised to see that
at some point.  I know in the past the company has said it would be a
major undertaking (it's MFC-based I believe for one thing), but they were
exploring the possibility.

FYI, they are coming out with something called UltraStudio soon, which
sounds like it is essentially UltraEdit with a true IDE build around it,
making it a real programmer's tool rather than a generic, albeit very
powerful, text editor.  If they were smart enough to include plugin
support, or at least changed their macro scripting language over to
something like Javascript or the like, I expect that to be a huge hit.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect