Hi!

I have maybe a simple question:

My web-app has to get data out of a database. I have a class DatabaseHandler
which
holds a connection to the database and provides methods to query it. I would
like to
have only one instance of this class in my web-app. But I don't know where
to put it.
Should it be stored in the ServletContext for application scope? But how do
I access
this instance from my Actions? Or would it be better to use data-sources? If
I should
use them, does anybody know a good tutorial on the internet? Perhaps
hibernate would
be a good choice too, but I think its a bit oversized for my application.
You see - I
am a total newbie concerning the use of databases with struts. Please
help!!!

Peter