From: "MATHOT Jacques" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:44 PM
Subject: RE: Excel download

> Hello all,
> I agree, look at POI. It worked perfectly for me for upload and download.
> put hereunder an example of code for download to an excel file.
> Regards,
> Jacques
>
>     public static void exportExcel(String file_name)
>     {
>         ArrayList states = OperatorsQ1.query();
>
>         HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
>         HSSFSheet sh = wb.createSheet("operator_list_of_states");
>
>         HSSFRow rw1 = sh.createRow((short)sh.getLastRowNum()+1);
>         rw1.createCell((short)0).setCellValue("Operator:");
>
> rw1.createCell((short)1).setCellValue(Operator.current_operator_code);
>
> rw1.createCell((short)2).setCellValue(Operator.current_operator_name);
>
>         HSSFRow rw2 = sh.createRow((short)sh.getLastRowNum()+1);
>         rw2.createCell((short)0).setCellValue("Validity Period:");
>         rw2.createCell((short)1).setCellValue("from");

rw2.createCell((short)2).setCellValue(ValidityPeriod.fromDate.toQueryString(
> ));
>         rw2.createCell((short)3).setCellValue("to:");

rw2.createCell((short)4).setCellValue(ValidityPeriod.toDate.toQueryString())
> ;
>
>         HSSFRow rw3 = sh.createRow((short)sh.getLastRowNum()+1);
>         rw3.createCell((short)0).setCellValue("List of States");
>
>         for (int i = 0; i < states.size(); i ++)
>         {
>             HSSFRow rw4 = sh.createRow((short)sh.getLastRowNum()+1);
>             rw4.createCell((short)0).setCellValue((String) states.get(i));
>         }
>         try
>         {
>             FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream(file_name);
>             wb.write(fileOut);
>             fileOut.close();
>         }
>         catch (Exception e)
>         {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }

intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

> Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal
commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by
appropriately signed hard copy.