Hi,

Thanks again but still not working. I tried as you suggested. I don't think it is a problem with the <c:out> tag anyway because when I look at what the browser gets I see

<ul>

</ul>

And not

<ul>
   <li>
   </li>
</ul>

Anyway, I will get the struts source and step through the html:messages code, perhaps there is something fishy going on in there.

Ross

Yan Hu wrote:

Try the following... Don't forget to import struts-bean.tld
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

I think it is better to use struts-tags when possible since they were designed
for Struts.

<ul>
   <li> <bean:write name="message"/></li>
</ul>