Hi!

In want to use the controller element "maxFileSize" in the
struts-config.xml in order to provide a global maximum file upload size in
my application. So I entered the value "2M" (two megabytes) for test
purpose.
In my upload JSP I defined a submit button like this: <html:submit
value="Submit" property="upload" styleClass="button" />
When I choose a file greater than 2M and press the button the
UploadAction.execute() method is performed. This is okay so far. In this
method I search the request object for the value "upload" but it can't be
found! If I remove the struts-config.xml controller entry "maxFileSize" the
request parameter "upload" is found and the adequate code is processed. So
it is as well if the file is less than 2M in size.

So now I wonder why the usage of the "maxFileSize" attribute in conjunction
with a file exceeding the given max size apparently removes my "upload"
parameter from the request. The UploadAction is still being processed! Does
someone have an explanation for this? I don't understand this struts
behaviour. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Marc Walter