Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: [OT] Java as a Daemon

Indeed the Oracle Database itself has a DBMS_JOB procedural package which acts just like Cron in the database - so that provides another way to tackle the problem - On the other hand the Oracle database also has a whole set of replication features which are designed for syncing data between databases instances in realtime if necessary - have a serious look at these built-in functions of the database infrastructure before you build something new to do the same job.

Duncan

Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21) wrote:

Hi

(Warning: not an Oracle insider...)
If I remember correctly Oracle allows Java to used for PL/SQL-scripts.
Maybe you could have a Java-class that is called whenever you make an
update that needs to be "communicated". And then somehow make the update
in the second Oracle-db.

just my 2cents
Alexander