Hi!

I have extended the RequestProcessor's processPreprocess() method
in order to perform a simple user authentication mechanism using
cookies. If a cookie identifying a user is found, but the users member-
ship has expired, I would like him to be forwarded/redirected to a
corresponding error page. What is the best way to do this? I tried
the following:

request.getRequestDispatcher( "membershipExpired.jsp" ).forward( request,
response );

which works fine. But this is surely not how struts should work because
I have hardcoded the target in my code, and not configured in my
struts-config.xml for example. So if the error page changes I have to
chnage my code and not only the struts-config.xml. Does anybody know
a better solution? I tried a global-forward like this but it didn't work:

<global-forwards>
    <forward name="nodb" path="/membershipExpired.jsp" />
</global-forwards>

with

request.getRequestDispatcher( "nodb" ).forward( request, response );

Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere...

Peter

MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications
Vosskuhle 37
44141 Dortmund
Tel:  +49-231-5599-8868
Fax: +49-231-5599-678868

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.annyway.de        www.materna.de
www.annyway.com      www.materna.com

Visit us at the following events:
ACI EUROPE, Munich
June, 22 - 24, 2005

ACI EUROPE, Verona
September, 26 - 28, 2005

CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2005, San Francisco
September, 27 - 29, 2005

Con4, Cologne
September, 27 - 29, 2005