From: Neil Aggarwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jul 14, 2005 3:48 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List' <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: Security constraint not working

Hello:

According to this page:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2004/jw-0913-struts.html

In order to prevent people of accessing jsp pages directly
without using my struts controller, I added this to my web.xml:

  <!-- Do not allow users to load jsps directly -->
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>no_access</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
  </security-constraint>

I added it and I can still load a page with the url
to the jsp.  Here is an example:

http://dev.rentclubs.com/rentclubs/howWeStarted.jsp

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by