On 7/14/05, Access Denied <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just bought and am reading James Holmes' book, "Struts: The Complete
> Reference" (Osborne 2004), which covers 1.2.  I just learned from one
> of Ted Husted's posts that 1.3 is almost ready to be released.  Am I
> wasting my time and should be studying other literature?

Hmmm, I may have said "almost", but I did not mean to imply "soon".

Right now, no one seems to be trying to push 1.3 out the door. There
is not even a release plan. The only timeframe for 1.3 is
"indefinate". It could be a week, or a month, or five months. It all
depends when a volunteer can step up to the plate.

Of course, should "indefinate" happen, it would not make any 1.2
material obsolete. By "1.3", we mean the release would be backwardly
compatible with 1.2.

-Ted.