From: Dave Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:32 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: how forward to servlets?

Jane Eisenstein wrote:

>What am I doing wrong?

Mixing Struts and servlets ;)

Creating a forward doesn't create an action--what is logonServlet.do? If
it isn't an action, then why would it have a .do extension? When the
request processor sees a .do (if you're set up to do extension-based
struts mappings) it'll try to fire an Action.

Also, you can't use a forward definition in a non-struts anything,
because only struts knows about forwards.

If you are just using a servlet as the contents of a frame then you
don't need to interact with struts at all.

Dave