To: <user@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] Hibernate vs. iBatis vs. POJO

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

In such cases, the application IS important enough to code
trials, but the business won't allow you to but they STILL want you to
sweat the decisions!  This is a typical way of doing things, going by my
experience.

It depends what _your_ job is. If you're a consultant, you're expected to _know_ the technology, and the customer isn't paying for you to experiment. If you're an employee, I've never worked in a situation where you don't get
the time to evaluate the right techniques.

Even if its the largest initiative of the year for the company, the most
important project, there is still a deadline, usually and unreasonable
one, and taking the time to properly evaluate options isn't always given.

Then go find a new job.  There's lots of them for capable people - don't
work at places that put unreasonable demands on you.
--
derek

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect