I am having issues to get the request parameters from a multipart request, le
me explain my problem first:

Our flow of process is:

(1) a multipart request is submitted to a struts action (let's say
updateTableAction.do) using POST

(2) the multipart request is processed by ActionServlet.process() method

(3) in our processPreprocess method, which overrides processPreprocess in
RequestProcessor.java from struts,

we need the parameters from this multipart request thus I am doing this:

CommonsMultipartRequestHandler commonMultiPartHandler = new
CommonsMultipartRequestHandler();

try {

commonMultiPartHandler.handleRequest(request);

}catch(Exception e){

// some handling

}

Hashtable ht = commonMultiPartHandler.getTextElements(); // thus I get the
parameters from the request

(4) however, all the fields/parameters in multipart request are no longer there
in the updateTableAction.do

Can you help me find out why this is happening? One theory is that a multipart
request can't be parsed twice. Is this correct, if it is correct, do you have
any alternative?

Thanks.