d d

This depends on which machine you only want the "bit" to be refreshed. With Tiles, it will only refresh the bit that needs refreshing on the server, but the whole page will be refreshed on the client regardless. I think if you wanted to achieve what you are asking, frames really is the only (and not very nice, IMHO) solution. However, there is AJAX (have a look at Frank Zammetti's implementation, AJAX Struts, or Struts AJAX - it is on the Struts WIKI). AJAX can refresh/build sections on the screen without the entire page being refreshed, and Frank's implementation works very nicely.

Cheers

Christopher Marsh-Bourdon
www.marsh-bourdon.com
AIM: marshbourdon